You are here
Many unilingual parents feel unable to help their child with their second language acquisition. However, a home environment supportive of the second language learner is an important help in itself. Also, in this day and age, there are many places you can go to get help if you don’t have the answers yourself. In fact, this is one of the foundational skills teachers hope to teach students these days.
Feel free to let us know if any of these links go dead. Merci!
- Registration for French immersion programs
- How can I help my child learn a second language?
- 10 ways to help your child learn a language
- How to pronounce French words
B.C.’s second language learning outcomes (IRPs):
- B.C. Education
- French Immersion IRPs
- FI Performance Standards
- Core French IRPs
- IRPs for Other Languages
- Canadian Parents for French Website
- Maillardville, Coquitlam
- Festival du Bois
- Festival du Voyageur
- Carnaval de Québec
French Multimedia (videos, music, radio stations, movies, apps):
- French books
- Radio Canada
- CBC en français
- CBC kids en français
- Radio Junior
- List of French radio stations
- List of free French apps
Various French Teachers’ & General French-related Websites:
- General French-learning links
- Useful links from a teacher’s website
- General catch-all website for French-related questions
- What is the DELF?
To find out more about any language programs in the Abbotsford School District, contact the Modern Languages Helping Teacher: (email@example.com)